Boon Lim Competes at Pitch@Palace 12.0
Spectre Bio, a start-up project co-founded by St Cross DPhil student Boon Lim, has made it to the final of Pitch@Palace 12.0. This competetion, one of the most prestigious pitching competitions in the UK, was founded by the Duke of York in 2014 and seeks to be a catalyst for entrepreneurs.
Boon is the CTO of the company, which builds devices to harness the power of genetically engineered bacteria for multiple applications across different markets. At the moment, its main focus is to build medical devices for the diagnosis of gut-related diseases, infectious diseases and cancers. Its mission is to lower the entry barrier to apply synthetic biology in real-world applications. Boon designs, optimises and explores the function of genetically engineered bacteria and advises on the manufacture of Spectre devices. He is also the one who pitch when at Spectre Bio's various competitions.
Spectre Bio is 1 of 42 teams that will pitch at Pitch@Palace 12.0. The People's Choice Vote, which openned on 14 October, will be based on votes for each team's one-minute pitch video. You can vote for Spectre Bio here.
Spectre Bio has previously won several other pitching competitions:
- Best Biological Application award at the 2018 Biomaker Challenge organized by the Department of Synthetic Biology in the University of Cambridge (27th October 2018)
- Top 30 at the WorldLabs Elevating Ideas Competition (8th November 2018)
- Third Prize at the 2018 Chiefdata International Big Data Forum & Competition for Innovation and Entrepreneurship organised in ZhuHai, China (10 December 2018)
- Third Place at the ImagineIF! Oxford Final organised by Innovation Forum. (27th February 2019)
- The Best Potential Investment in VentureFest Oxford Pitching for Success Competition 2019 (11st September 2019)
Additionally, Boon also won the Ralph A Lewis Prize 2019 for biological and environmental research and the Aiden Meller Art Prize 2018. We wish him luck as he and the rest of the Spectre Bio team competes in the Pitch@Palace 12.0 final!
Friday 11 October 2019