Fees and Payments


How are you paying your Fees?


PLEASE NOTE: As of 10 Oct 2017 there is a new sort code and IBAN. Please update your records.

All students are required to pay the appropriate annual course fee and information on fees and living costs can be found here.

Students must provide financial evidence, such as a letter from a scholarship sponsor or a bank, to demonstrate that they have the financial capability to pay the annual course fee for the first year of the course and provide a financial declaration for the remaining years' fees and all living costs, in order to be accepted by the College. Your funding for the first year of study must be held in cash in a savings account. Shares, bonds, pension funds and similar accounts will not be accepted.

If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show ( write on the document) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official exchange rate on the OANDA website. Whilst we use the exchange rates provided by OANDA as our guide rates, these may differ from the rates banks use when processing payments and so payments made in foreign currencies may not cover the full GBP amount owing. Students should note that if payments are made through Western Union Business Solutions, the College will be credited for the full amount required in GBP, with the payee knowing in advance the actual cost in their own currency.   

You can prove you have the money if you have:

• Cash in a savings account in your name: this includes joint accounts with your name if the co-owner of the account sends a letter to verify that they will be content for the ( quote relevant sum) to be used for your support.
• A loan in your name
• Official financial or government sponsorship.

Please note that all funds must be shown in a savings bank account as opposed to a current bank account, and shares are not acceptable as proof of funding.

Any partners or children whom you want to bring with you must have documentary proof that they have enough money to support themselves or be supported. For further information see the website of the UK Border Agency.

Please note that, in common with the policy of other colleges, those accepted on a research programme, which includes those taking a DPhil, MLitt and MSc (by research), will be liable for a College continuation charge each term if they have not completed the course by the end of their standard period of fee liability (liability for tuition fees continues for 9 terms). For  2018/19 the continuation charge will be £117 per term (including the term in which the thesis is submitted, subject to annual inflation). Please note that the College continuation charge is in addition to the University continuation charge of £468 per term (subject to annual inflation) for 2018/19. More information is available on the University website.

For further information on the financial guarantees required for a successful application as well as details on graduate funding available and graduate continuation charges, please see an extract St Cross Junior Members' Handbook and University Website