Sub Fusc Clothing
The dress code for the ceremony is sub fusc, which is as follows:
A graduate gown, a mortar board or soft-cap, and your preferred items from the following list:
1. One of
- Dark suit with dark socks, or
- Dark skirt with black tights or stockings, or
- Dark trousers with dark socks
2. Dark coat if required
3. Black shoes
4. Plain white collared shirt or blouse
5. White bow tie, black bow tie, black full-length tie, or black ribbon.
Please note that the dress code is rigorously enforced and you will be unable to matriculate if you are not properly dressed.
Items of sub fusc can be purchased from Shepherd & Woodward and Ede & Ravenscroft on the High Street and from Walters on Turl Street.
Please also note that hand baggage and mobile phones are not permitted in the Sheldonian Theatre.
If you have already matriculated during a previous degree taken at Oxford, you do not have to matriculate again.
If you have any questions regarding Matriculation, please contact the Academic Office Secretary:
+44 (0) 1865 288249