The Robin & Nadine Wells Scholarship
St Cross College is pleased to offer the Robin and Nadine Wells Scholarship for the academic year 2014-15.
This Scholarship, worth £5,000 for one year, is intended to provide financial assistance to an academically meritorious graduate student who has been accepted into both an accredited one year's Masters programme at the University of Oxford and St. Cross College and who is unable to secure funding elsewhere.The successful scholar will be guaranteed to have a room in College accommodation (at the standard rent) for the first year of their course.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be of outstanding academic ability;
- have submitted a successful application for a one year Master's course to the University of Oxford;
- have made a successful application to St Cross College (as the first choice college) and a provisional place been offered and accepted;
- demonstrate that they have applied, unsuccessfully, for funding elsewhere (e.g. Clarendon Fund, Beit etc);
- show proof of their ability to meet remaining expenses (i.e. minus £5000) by the application deadline;
- take up their place in October 2014.
This scholarship is not open to
- students who have already been accepted to St Cross College and the University of Oxford on the basis that they will meet their fees fully from personal resources.
- students who have already been accepted by another Oxford college.
How to apply
Please write to the Assistant Academic Administrator at the address below, stating your wish to apply along with proof that funding has been denied from other sources. Please note that an application form is not used for this scholarship.
The Assistant Academic Administrator
St Cross College,
Tel: +44 (0)1865 278458
Fax: +44 (0)1865 278484
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th June 2014.