The Harun Ur Rashid Memorial Scholarship
St Cross College is pleased to offer the Harun Ur Rashid Memorial Scholarship for the academic year 2017-18 for applicants who are normally resident in Bangladesh.
This scholarship, worth £3,000 per annum, is intended to provide financial assistance to an academically meritorious graduate student normally resident in Bangladesh, who has been accepted into both an accredited two-year Master's (MPhil) course at the University of Oxford and St Cross College and who is unable to secure funding elsewhere. The successful scholar will be guaranteed to have a room in College accommodation (at the standard rent) for the first year of their course.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be of outstanding academic ability;
- have submitted a successful application for a two-year Master's (MPhil) course to the University of Oxford;
- have made a successful application to St Cross College (as the first choice college) and a provisional place been offered and accepted;
- demonstrate that they have applied, unsuccessfully, for funding elsewhere (e.g. Clarendon Fund, Beit Fund etc.);
- show proof of their ability to meet remaining expenses (i.e. minus £3,000) by the application deadline;
- take up their place in October 2017.
Please note that this scholarship is not open to students who have already been accepted by another Oxford college.
How to apply
Please write to the Academic and Admissions Assistant by email or at the address below, stating your wish to apply along with proof that funding has been denied from other sources. Please note that an application form is not used for this scholarship. The deadline for applications is Friday 9th June 2017.
The Academic and Admissions Assistant,
St Cross College,
Oxford OX1 3LZ
Tel: +44 (0)1865 278458
Fax: +44 (0)1865 278484